Ideal Candidates for Solar Systems
If you can answer “yes” to any of the following questions, then you are an ideal candidate for solar panel installation:
1. Do you work in one of the following industries/fields?
- Waste Water Treatment Plants
- Hotel/Casino Industry
- Health Care Industry
- Food Storage and Processing
- College and Universities
- Foundry Industry
- Office, Retail, Commercial and Apartment Buildings
- Dairy with Digesters
- Cheese Plants
2. Do you have an electrical demand?
3. Does your facility get direct sunlight?
Most solar deployments fall into two categories, requiring either a large, flat structure such as a rooftop or available ground space. For roof-mounted systems, generally you should have a minimum of 50,000 square feet and the roof should be less than 7 years old. For ground-mounted systems, the amount of land needed varies, but typically a minimum of 5-10 acres is needed for every MW.